Ohio University faculty and staff who have meetings with potential sponsors or collaborators or are disseminating their research or creative works can take advantage of free flights on the University’s King Air plane.
Faculty and staff may submit requests to the Office of the Vice President for Research and Creative Activity for free transportation on the university’s King Air to destinations within 1,000 miles of Ohio University’s Athens campus.
- The program requires a minimum of four faculty or staff to travel, although this may be waived in limited instances.
- Students also may be included on the list of travelers.
- Applicants may request a day trip or one overnight stay in the chosen destination. Additional nights may be allowed if the plane is available and the planning unit pays for the additional per diem costs for the plane and crew.
- Trips should be no more than 2,000 miles round trip, although this may be waived in limited circumstances.
- Applicants may ask for up to $100 in reimbursement for ground transportation or lodging costs.
- Travel must be to meet with potential sponsors or collaborators or to disseminate research or creative works.
- For full guidelines, go to https://www.ohio.edu/research/funding.cfm.
To book flights for FY17 or for next fiscal year, contact Roxanne Malé-Brune, email@example.com.