Update Textbook and Materials Information - Fall Semester Available-2211 (2020-21)
From: Vicki Dornbush <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:01 AM
To: Textbook System Users
Subject: Update Textbook and Materials Information -- Fall Semester Available- 2211 (2020-21)
The Textbook System, which is used to communicate to students the required textbooks and materials, with an approximate cost, is available for entering Fall Semester, 2020-21 (2211), information.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (H.R. 4137 Sec. 133) (PDF, 50KB) requires universities that receive federal funding to provide to students the textbooks and materials with approximate prices before the students register for classes.
Here are some reminders about entering textbook and materials information for your classes:
- Fall Semester priority registration is scheduled to begin Monday, March 30, 2020. Please have all of your classes updated, to the extent practicable, by this date.
- Textbook and material information entered in the Textbook System automatically displays in Course Offerings.
- All required and recommended textbooks, materials, and supplies for each class section should be entered in the Textbook System. You may indicate if the textbook/materials is required or optional.
- If no textbook or material information is required, please indicate that by entering a note in the Textbook System.
- Please enter the textbook information as a Resource of type Textbook so that the proper information is collected and made available to our local bookstores.
- Information entered is automatically sent to all bookstores in the local area. It is not appropriate to enter a note indicating textbooks and/or materials are available at a particular store or location, unless that is the sole provider of the textbook or material.
- There is a Frequently Asked Questions page with answers and online training videos are available.
If you have any questions or would like training for your department, please contact the Scheduling Division in the Office of the University Registrar at email@example.com or 740.593.4188.