8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Office of the University Registrar
Chubb Hall, First Floor
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701-2979
The mission of the Office of the University Registrar is to:
• Support the academic mission and purpose of the University;
• Provide information and academic services to the University community in an efficient, user-friendly manner while ensuring accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of academic records;
• Provide exemplary service by continually improving our business processes for registration, scheduling, academic records, degree audit, and related functions;
• Effectively communicate procedures and responsibilities for the successful use of our services; and
• Adhere to policies and model the highest standards of the registrar profession.
The Office of the University Registrar will be a valued resource of the University by:
• Providing excellent service to students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and others in the University community by a caring, knowledgeable staff;
• Being a leader in implementing new services and technology; and
• Encouraging a collaborative environment for supporting the academic mission.
The Office of the University Registrar is committed to these values:
• We foster a supportive work environment that promotes staff development and collaboration.
• We build trust among ourselves and with the University community through our competence and dependability.
• We evaluate and continually improve our services.
• We respect diversity and the uniqueness of each individual's ideas and contributions.
• We encourage and promote teamwork, creativity, and innovation.
• We respond to requests in an efficient, courteous, and appropriate manner.
• We welcome and encourage feedback from our staff and the University community, in the spirit of the open exchange of ideas.
We want very much to make things better for you when you use the services our office provides. We like new ideas. Let us know how you think we could do better, please submit
Debra M. Benton, University Registrar