Enrolled Spring Semester 2019-20 - Important Deadlines
From: OHIO Registrar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2020 9:23 AM
To: Enrolled Students
Subject: Enrolled Spring Semester - Important Deadlines
You are receiving this email because our records indicate you are registered for spring semester classes at Ohio University. Please check your MyOHIO Student Center to review your class schedule. If you are not attending Ohio University this spring semester and are still enrolled, please contact your academic college or regional campus student services office.
The deadline dates listed later in this message are for classes that meet the entire spring semester. However, many students (especially those enrolled in online, eCampus programs) take classes that do not meet these dates. Therefore, it is important to check the add/drop/withdraw dates for each course you are registered to take during the semester. These dates will vary on a class-by-class basis and may be different from those listed below.
To find specific deadline dates, such as last day to drop or last day to withdraw, click on the calendar icon
in your weekly schedule in MyOHIO Student Center. Please note: these dates can vary on a class-by-class basis depending on the class start date and end date. Deadlines are 5:00 p.m. EST on the date indicated (unless otherwise noted). However, online transactions may be processed beyond 5:00 p.m. EST if the system is available.
Reminder for Undergraduate students: The “standard” course load is 15 hours. You will need to be enrolled on average in 15 hours per semester to graduate within four years for a baccalaureate degree or two years for an associate degree. Please see your academic advisor, your college or regional campus student services office, or the Allen Student Advising Center if you need assistance with choosing additional appropriate courses.
Some important dates from the Academic Calendar (class specific deadlines are for classes that meet the full semester (1/13/20 – 5/2/20):
Sunday, January 12, 2020, is the last day to cancel registration for spring semester (remove all courses and fees);
Monday, January 13, 2020, is the first day of spring semester classes on the Athens and regional campuses;
Friday, January 17, 2020, is the last day to add a spring semester class without instructor's approval;
Monday, January 20, 2020, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day holiday (University offices officially closed; classes not in session).
Friday, January 24, 2020:
- Last day to register for spring semester;
- Last day to add a spring semester class (instructor's permission required);
- Last day to remove (drop) a spring semester class from student's academic record with possible fee adjustment. Note: January 25 – March 27, students may withdraw from one or more spring semester classes, but the course will remain on student's academic record with a withdrawn grade and no fee adjustment;
- Last day to receive partial fee adjustment (80%) of registration fees for complete withdrawal from the University for spring semester (all spring semester courses removed from the student's academic record).
- Last day to apply for or change a grading option for spring semester class (credit to audit, audit to credit, pass/fail to regular grade option, or regular grade option to pass/fail; apply at your college or regional campus student services office).
- Last day for removing Incomplete grades incurred during last enrollment (if not removed, I grade will change to F).
Monday, February 17, 2020, is the last day to apply for graduation for spring semester. Note: Official degree conferral date and commencement are May 1 (graduate), May 2 (undergraduate), and May 9 (Osteopathic Medicine).
Friday, February 28, 2020, is the last day to change college/major for spring semester;
March 8 – 14, 2020, Spring Break (classes not in session; University is open).
Sunday, March 15, 2020, Classes with Sunday meeting day resume
Monday, March 16, 2020, Classes resume
Friday, March 27, 2020, is the last day to withdraw from (drop) an individual class on your spring semester schedule. Note: Course remains on student's academic record with a withdrawn grade and no fee adjustment.
Friday, April 24, 2020, is the last day to withdraw (drop all classes) from the University for spring semester (contact college or regional campus student services office). Note: Courses remain on student's academic record with withdrawn grades and no fee adjustment.
Saturday, April 25, 2020, is the last day of classes for spring semester;
April 27 – May 1, 2020, is the spring semester examination period;
Friday, May 1, 2020:
- Official degree conferral date for graduate degrees
- Spring Graduate Commencement
Saturday, May 2, 2020:
- Official degree conferral date for undergraduate degrees
- Spring semester closing date
- Spring Undergraduate Commencement
Thursday, May 7, 2020, Spring semester grades are available;
Saturday, May 9, 2020:
- Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine Commencement and degree conferral date
- Spring semester probation status available
The complete Academic Calendar can be viewed on the Office of the University Registrar website.
Best wishes for a successful spring semester,
Debra M. Benton