Enrolled Fall Semester-Important Deadlines
From: OHIO Registrar <email@example.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:42 AM
To: Enrolled Students
Subject: Enrolled Fall Semester - Important Deadlines
You are receiving this email because our records indicate you are registered for fall semester classes at Ohio University. Please check your MyOHIO Student Center to review your class schedule. If you are not attending Ohio University this fall semester and are still enrolled, please contact your academic college or regional campus student services office.
The deadline dates listed later in this message are for classes that meet the entire fall semester. However, many students (especially those enrolled in online, eCampus programs) take classes that do not meet these dates. Therefore, it is important to check the add/drop/withdraw dates for each course you are registered to take during the semester. These dates will vary on a class-by-class basis and may be different from those listed below.
To find specific deadline dates, such as last day to drop or last day to withdraw, click on the calendar icon
in your weekly schedule in MyOHIO Student Center. Please note: these dates can vary on a class-by-class basis depending on the class start date and end date. Deadlines are 5:00 p.m. EST on the date indicated (unless otherwise noted). However, online transactions may be processed beyond 5:00 p.m. EST if the system is available.
Reminder for Undergraduate students: The “standard” course load is 15 hours. You will need to be enrolled on average in 15 hours per semester to graduate within four years for a baccalaureate degree or two years for an associate degree. Please see your academic advisor, your college or regional campus student services office, or the Allen Student Advising Center if you need assistance with choosing additional appropriate courses.
Some important dates from the Academic Calendar (class specific deadlines are for classes that meet the full semester (8/26/19 – 12/14/19):
Friday, September 6, 2019:
- Last day to register for fall semester;
- Last day to add a fall semester class (instructor's permission required);
- Last day to remove (drop) a fall semester class from student's academic record with possible fee adjustment. Note: September 7 – November 1, students may withdraw from one or more fall semester classes, but the course will remain on student's academic record with a withdrawn grade and no fee adjustment;
- Last day to receive partial fee adjustment (80%) of registration fees for complete withdrawal from the University for fall semester (all fall semester courses removed from the student's academic record).
- Last day to apply for or change a grading option for fall semester class (credit to audit, audit to credit, pass/fail to regular grade option, or regular grade option to pass/fail; apply at your college or regional campus student services office).
- Last day for removing Incomplete grades incurred during last enrollment (if not removed, I grade will change to F).
Monday, September 30, 2019, is the last day to apply for graduation for fall semester. Note: Official degree conferral date and commencement are December 14, 2019.
Friday, October 4, 2019, Fall Break (classes not in session; University is open).
Friday, October 11, 2019, is the last day to change college/major for fall semester;
Friday, November 1, 2019, is the last day to withdraw from (drop) an individual class on your fall semester schedule. Note: Course remains on student's academic record with a withdrawn grade and no fee adjustment.
Monday, November 11, 2019, Veterans Day holiday observed (University offices officially closed; classes not in session).
November 27 – December 1, 2019, Thanksgiving Break – classes not in session;
Thursday, November 28, 2019, Thanksgiving Day holiday (University offices officially closed; classes not in session).
Friday, November 29, 2019, Columbus Day holiday observed (University offices officially closed; classes not in session).
Monday, December 2, 2019, Classes resume;
Friday, December 6, 2019, is the last day to withdraw (drop all classes) from the University for fall semester (contact college or regional campus student services office). Note: Courses remain on student's academic record with withdrawn grades and no fee adjustment.
Saturday, December 7, 2019, is the last day of classes for fall semester;
December 9 – 14, 2019, is the fall semester examination period;
Saturday, December 14, 2019:
- Fall Commencement
- Fall semester closing date
- Official degree conferral date
Thursday, December 19, 2019, Fall semester grades are available;
Saturday, December 21, 2019, Fall semester probation status is available.
The complete Academic Calendar can be viewed on the Office of the University Registrar website.
Best wishes for a successful fall semester,
Debra M. Benton