Students will be able to request the Satisfactory grade through MyOHIO Student Center after their faculty member has assigned their official grade. The official grade must be available in MyOHIO Student Center and the course must not be on the exempted courses list. For more details on the process review the Satisfactory Grade Opt In process.
Ohio University has announced a phased return to the Athens campus and a hybrid approach for regional campuses for fall 2020. President Nellis announced OHIO’s phased return to the Athens campus will continue with the start of Phase 2 on September 28. To implement this next phase as safely as possible, the University has prioritized eligibility for students engaged in academic experiences that require access to in-person instruction, specialized equipment, or specific facilities to ensure academic progress toward degree programs.
Classes have been updated to indicate how classes will be delivered for the duration of the semester.
- The courses exempted from the alternative (S/NC) grading policy is final.
- Friday, October 30, 2020, is the last day to withdraw from (drop) an individual class on your fall semester schedule. Note: Course remains on student’s academic record with a withdrawn grade and no fee adjustment.
- Friday, December, 18, 2020, 5:00 PM Eastern is the deadline to opt into the alternative (S/NC) grading policy
- Final exam information for Fall Semester 2020-21 can be found on the Final Exam Schedule
Fall Semester 2020-2021 Alternative Grading Policy for Undergraduate Courses
- Students are encouraged to consult with their college or regional campus Student Services Office or academic advisor in order to make an informed choice based on the potential positive and negative impact of grade conversion. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate the consultation process prior to requesting grade conversion.
Students will elect the Satisfactory grade in MyOHIO Student Center. Please note that the Satisfactory grade may not be elected until a final grade has been assigned.