Faculty Summer Work Load Policy
- No faculty member is required to teach in the summer.
- Summer teaching by Group I faculty should not interfere with scholarship.
- All summer courses, regardless of session, compression, or delivery format, count toward load.
- Load implications of internships, practicums, labs, arranged studies, and other types of courses will be calculated according to established policies.
- A Group I or II faculty member may teach a maximum of 15 semester credits or equivalents over the Summer Term as agreed to and scheduled by the campus associate dean.
- A Group I or Group II faculty member may teach a maximum of 9 credits during one of the 7-week sessions of Summer Term.
- Exceptions to this policy will be rare. The campus dean will submit a written justification requesting an exception to the Executive Dean for Regional Higher Education.
- Maximum teaching loads include teaching at all campuses and eLearning.
Approved by Regional Deans October 1, 2013