Spring Open Track Hours:
Open to all OU Students, Faculty & Staff Members, and Community Members. (Must have OU ID). Call ahead to see if there is any available turf time. 740-593-9926
Hours are subject to change according to Special Events, Athletic Events, and Inclement Weather.
|Monday||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. AND 6:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. AND 6:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. AND 6:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. AND 6:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.|
|Friday||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. AND 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.*|
|Sunday||11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.*|
*Times will vary and closed during OHIO Athletic practices.
Thanksgiving Break- Close at 6:00pm Tuesday, November 24th through Sunday, November 29th. Resume regular hours on Monday, November 30th.
**Hours may vary on a daily basis. Check here for updates or call the Front Desk at 740-593-9926.
Fees & Rentals:
Ohio University Students and patrons may access the Fieldhouse during open recreational hours only. Open Track hours are subject to change according to special events, athletic events, and inclement weather.
|Non-Enrolled OHIO Students||$4||$50||N/A|
|OHIO Faculty & Staff||$4||$50||$90|
|General Public (Adult 18+)||$4||$60||$110|
|Child (17 & Under)||$4||$50||$90|
- Run and/or walk clockwise on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Run and/or walk counterclockwise on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Inner two lanes are reserved for walkers (slow).
- Outer two lanes are reserved for runners (fast).
- Faster runners have the right of way.
- Pass others on the outside.
- Appropriate attire includes: full-length, non-mesh t-shirt with sleeves; soft-soled, closed toe athletic shoes; athletic bottoms
- Athletic running shoes are required.
- Jogging track is available unless otherwise posted.
- Lane 1 = 5.2 laps per mile (306.7 meters)
- Light Pink, Competition Turn Lane = 5.05 laps per mile (316.9 meters)
- Alcohol, non-prescription drugs, and tobacco products are NOT permitted.
- Food and drinks permitted in the lobby area only. No food or drinks other than water are permitted in the facility.
- Absolutely no chewing tobacco, coffee, gum, or sunflower seeds.
- Picture taking and/or videotaping is only permissible after obtaining written permission from the Director of the Walter Fieldhouse.
- Facility staff members are the only people permitted to operate the netting and lighting system.
- A modification of equipment or netting beyond its designed purpose is prohibited.
- Injuries, accidents, or equipment failures must be reported immediately to the facility staff. Incident & Accident/Injury reports must be completed in entirety.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Personal belongings are not permitted in activity areas and should be kept in a secure location. All lost and found items must be turned in to the front desk.
- Please consult a physician prior to engaging in physical activity. Campus Recreation is not responsible for accidents or injuries that occur due to the nature of the activity.
- Molded cleats and athletic shoes only on the turf. No metal or non-turf cleats.
- No spikes permitted on the track. Closed-toe athletic tennis shoes only.
- No sharp objects including tent stakes, corner flags, or any other objects that can penetrate the surface of the field are permitted on the turf.
- Conduct becoming of an Ohio University student and Walter Fieldhouse is expected and required.
- Any individual and/or organization not fully complying with the Walter Fieldhouse policies and guidelines or cooperating with the Walter Fieldhouse staff may be asked to vacate the premises and may have their privileges revoked.
- No bicycles, rollerblades, mopeds, or pets (not including service animals) are permitted inside the Walter Fieldhouse. There are bike racks close by in the NW corner for your convenience.
- No gas fueled vehicles inside the facility. Electric only.
- No kicking, hitting, or bouncing balls against the wall.
- Nets must be down when balls are being thrown or kicked. No throwing or kicking balls outside of nets.
- Members are prohibited from any Ohio University Athletic equipment including long jump pit, pole vault mats, hurdles, football equipment, etc.
- During inclement weather, participants must clean or bring a change of shoes before entering the facility.
- No punting, kicking, hitting balls into the ceilings.
- Always carry, wheel, or cart nets or goals over the track. Do no drag, as it will tear into the track.
- If any vomit or bodily fluids get on any surface of the facility, please alert the Fieldhouse staff immediately. Do not attempt to clean yourself.
- No minor under the age of 18 is allowed to enter the facility. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Vaulting/High jump and sand pits are not available for general use unless prior approval has been arranged through the Director.
Ohio University Code of Conduct
The Ohio University Judiciaries Student Code of Conduct sets forth community expectations for Ohio University students and patrons which constitute unacceptable conduct. Campus Recreation and the Walter Fieldhouse adhere and enforce these policies and anyone violating any Code of Conduct will be reported to Judiciaries and suspended from facility/program participation.
In relation to the Walter Fieldhouse--Section 3: Code B Offenses as defined by the Ohio University Board of Trustees are unacceptable.