Our Guide to Getting Outside
Research has shown that time spent outdoors provides significant benefits to one's mental health. Gain ideas, tips, tricks and strategies to ensure you are comfortable getting outdoors!
- The Ridges Trail Map- Head out for some hiking right across the river from campus.
- Strouds Run State Park Trail Map- The trails of our very own state park right here in Athens!
- Sells City Park- Don't miss this hidden gem right off East State Street.
- Lake Hope State Park- If you have a bit more time, take a quick drive over to see the old brick kilns that built Athens.
- Burr Oak State Park- A short trip outside of Athens could lead you to this beautiful place!
- Baileys Trail System- Mountain bike trails and loops for any experience level.
Tips, Tricks and Best Practices
- Join an online support group, encourage your friends and create challenges among your group!
- Schedule it into your day; go outside NO MATTER WHAT.
- Take advantage of your local parks.
- Get creative! Always wanted to build a bouldering wall at home? Plant a garden? There's no better time to start than now.