Who Can Play IM Sports?
All students currently enrolled at the Ohio University - Athens Campus shall be eligible for Intramural Sports participation until they no longer meet the rules of eligibility.
Faculty & Staff Members employed at the Ohio University - Athens Campus shall purchase an Intramural Sports Pass to be eligible to participate in IM Sports activities.
How May Teams Can I Play On?
New in 2014-15, An individual may participate on an unlimited number of appropriate men’s team or women’s teams and an unlimited number of coed standard and open teams in the same sport during the regular season.
How Do I Register My Team?
Registration for all Intramural Sports will be completed through IMLeagues.com. Captains must register teams on IMLeagues and pay the team fee or administrative deposit during the allotted registration periods listed below.
Registration opens at midnight on the first date listed and closes at 8:00PM on the last date listed.
- FALL I SEASON: Monday, August 22 - Thursday, September 1
- FALL II SEASON: Monday, October 3 - Wednesday, October 12
- SPRING I SEASON: Monday, January 9-Wednesday, January 18
- SPRING II SEASON: Monday, February 22 - Thursday, March 2
Interested in playing Intramural Sports but don't have a team to play on? We've got you covered! During each registration period we will be holding Free Agents meetings for those who wish to be placed on a team. Show up for any meeting time for the sport you are interested in playing and we will place you on a team with other new participants!
Join us for the Fall 2 Free Agents meeting on Wednesday, October 5 at 7:00pm in the Ping Center Meeting Rooms! Come to any sports session that you wish to play!
Confirming Your Team
Once a team is placed into a league on the IMLeagues.com website, a captain has until 4:00PM the next business day to pay and confirm his/her team's spot in the league.If a captain has not paid for his/her team by this deadline, his/her team will be placed on the waitlist, and the spot it was in on IMLeagues.com will become available to other teams. Team fees vary according to team size.
No league will be locked until all four spots have been filled by teams who have paid. Leagues may be temporarily closed while teams who selected a spot in a league are given a chance to pay.
During the registration periods mentioned above, captains can pay for their teams in one of the following ways:
- Follow the email link to the online payment portal via Fusion at the time of registration.
- Calling the Intramural Sports Office at 740-593-9946 from 12:00PM-5:00PM and paying via credit/debit card.
- Coming into the Intramural Sports Office located in the Ping Center from 12:00PM-5:00PM and paying via cash, check, or credit debit card.
NOTE: Captains will only be able to pay for their teams on days in which the Intramural Sports Office is open during the registration period (i.e., not Saturdays, Sundays or University Holidays).
- Individual Sports - $10.00
- Recreational team sports with four or fewer players - $15.00
- Recreational team sports with with five or more players - $25.00
- Competitive team sports with five or more players - $50.00
- Competitive team sports with four or fewer players - $30.00
- Special events - TBA
- The costs listed apply to both competitive and recreational leagues. Click here for an explanation of the different types of leagues.
What Sports Are Offered?
Fall Semester 2016
|Fall I Sports Offered||Fall II Sports Offered|
|Softball - M/W/C||7v7 Flag Football - M/W/C|
|4v4 Soccer - M/W/C||7v7 Outdoor Soccer - M/W/C|
|4v4 Sand Volleyball - M/W/C||3v3 Basketball - M/W/C|
|Tennis - Singles/Doubles||Floor Hockey - M/W/C|
|*New* Dodgeball||Racquetball - Singles/Doubles|
Spring Semester 2016
|Spring I Sports Offered||Spring II Sports Offered|
|5v5 Basketball - M/W/C||11v11 Outdoor Soccer - M/W/C|
|Indoor Volleyball - M/W/C||4v4 Flag Football - M/W/C|
|Indoor Soccer - M/W/C||Kickball - M/W/C|
|Broomball - M/W/C||Team Tennis - M/W/C|
|Badminton - Singles/ Doubles||2v2 Sand Volleyball - M/W/C|
Captain's Meeting Dates
Captain's Meeting Date & Time
|7v7 Flag Football - M/W/C||Wednesday, October 12 @ 6:00PM or 8:30PM|
|7v7 Soccer- M/W/C||Thursday, October 13 @ 6:00PM or 8:30PM|
|Floor Hockey - M/W/C||Tuesday, October 18 @ 6:00PM or 8:30PM|
|3v3 Basketball||Wednesday, October 19 @ 5:00PM or 8:00PM|
|Racquetball||Wednesday, October 19 @ 6:30PM or 9:30PM|
**NOTE: Teams need to only be represented at one of the two Captain's Meeting's for the sport(s) they sign up for. Anyone, not just the Captain or a teammate, may attend the Captain's Meeting and represent a team. Unless noted otherwise all Captain's Meetings will be held in the Ping Meeting Rooms and doors will lock promptly at the posted time. No one will be admitted late.