Thank you for your interest in working at the Aquatic Center here at Ohio University. Campus Recreation, Aquatic Center offers various opportunities for student employment and experiential learning such as Recreation Assistant, Lifeguard, Student Facility Operator, Facility Maintenance, and Swimming Instructor. These positions will be advertised throughout the year on an as needed basis. Click here for basic job descriptions for these positions.
The Aquatic Center is NOT currently hiring. Please check back in the spring!
- Must be enrolled student at Ohio University with at least six (6) credit hours for undergraduates, and at least five (5) credit hours for graduate students.
- Willing to work between 6 and 20 hours per week.
- International students must have a valid work permit and PID number.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with people on a daily basis.
- Available to work weekend hours.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings
The following American Redcross Certifications are REQUIRED if applying for a lifeguarding position.
- First Aid
- Water Safety Instructor (suggested, not required)
- Looking for hardworking individuals to join our maintenance staff.
- Responsibilities will include repair, organization, and safety inspections of the Aquatic Center.
- Must be willing to work a minimum of two hour blocks in-between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
- No certifications or past experience required.
If you are hired at Campus Recreation, the following forms and information will be required prior to your first working shift:
- I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification)
- Home Land Security
- Direct Deposit (bring a canceled check or deposit slip)
- OPERS (Ohio Public Employees Retirement System)
- W4 (tax exemptions)
**You must bring your original Social Security Card & Driver's License OR Passport OR VISA
"Ohio University is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and is actively committed to diversity within its community."