Thank you for your interest in working at the Aquatic Center here at Ohio University. Campus Recreation, Aquatic Center offers various opportunities for student employment and experiential learning such as Recreation Assistant, Lifeguard, Student Facility Operator, Facility Maintenance, Swimming Instructor and coach. These positions will be advertised throughout the year on an as needed basis. Click here for basic job descriptions for these positions.
The Aquatic Center is not currently hiring. Check back throughout the semester for updates.
To apply for positions at the Aquatic Center:
1. The online application can be found at ohiouniversityjobs.com, and then by searching the desired position, or by filling out the application below.
2. Download the PDF of the application, fill it out and return via email to the Student Managers for review. Please click here to download the application form. Once the form is completed, please feel free to either email as attachment to email@example.com, or turn in the printed form at OUAC Front Desk.
- Must be enrolled student at Ohio University with at least six (6) credit hours for undergraduates, and at least five (5) credit hours for graduate students.
- Willing to work between 6 and 20 hours per week.
- International students must have a valid work permit and PID number.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with people on a daily basis.
- Available to work weekend hours.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings
The following American Redcross Certifications are REQUIRED.
- First Aid
- Water Safety Instructor (suggested, not required)
If you are hired at Campus Recreation, the following forms and information will be required prior to your first working shift:
- I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification)
- Home Land Security
- Direct Deposit (bring a canceled check or deposit slip)
- OPERS (Ohio Public Employees Retirement System)
- W4 (tax exemptions)
You must bring your original Social Security Card & Driver's License OR Passport OR VISA
"Ohio University is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and is actively committed to diversity within its community."