About the Conference
Get ready to build! Seize the opportunities offered by the transition to semesters. Extreme Course Makeover: Q2S Edition is focused on helping you to work through the redesign and renovation of your courses as you prepare for delivery in semester format.
Like other building projects, course redesign requires vision, a blueprint, a list of needed materials and resources, a set of skills or skilled consultants, and a timeline. This 2-day session—Creating the Blueprint—will help you clarify the vision and provide you with the tools and the collegial support to roll your sleeves up and develop the blueprint for your course redesign.
During a studio session on day two, you will spend time applying what you learn to an actual course. Future events will focus on other parts of the makeover process.
- To register for Day 1 and Day 2 of the event, Click here or the button above.
- Login using your Oak ID and password. (If you are unable to login, you may need to Change your Oak Password first.)
- Click on "Register Yourself."
- Under Academic Technologies, click on "Extreme Course Makeover, Q2S Edition."
- First, click on "Creating the Blueprint: Day 1". Read the description of the event, then click on "I'll Take This One."
- Now click on "Extreme Course Makeover, Q2S Edition" again.
- Next, click on "Creating the Blueprint: Day 2". Read the description of the event, then click on "I'll Take This One" to RSVP for Day 2 in addition to Day 1.
Information and Schedule
Dec. 6-7, held in the Alden Library Faculty Commons
RSVP deadline extended to Dec. 3 at 5 p.m.
Monday, December 6th
r.s.v.p. preferred (attend all or part of the day)
9:00 – 9:15 AM - Welcome and Q2S Conference Orientation - Samuel Girton
9:15 – 9:45 AM - Q2S Process and Course Outcomes - Jeffrey Giesey
10:00 AM – Noon - Somewhere Between an Expert and Survivor: Q2S Transition Advice - Barbara Conn, Shawnee State University
12:00 – 1:30 PM - Lunch
1:30 – 2:50 PM - Innovative use of Techonologies -Candice Morris
3:00 – 4:30 PM - Roundtable Discussion: Supportin Students and Colleagues through Q2S - facilitated by members of the OHIO community
Tuesday, December 7th
r.s.v.p. required (commitment to entire day)
9:00 AM – Noon - A Blueprint for Q2S Course Redesign - Timothy Vickers
12:00 – 1:30 PM - Lunch
1:30 – 4:00 PM - Faculty Course Enhancement Studio: Re-designing the Course Syllabus - Academic Technologies and Center for Teaching & Learning
4:00 – 4:30 PM - Faculty Feedback Session and Preview of Future Events - Extreme Course Makeover Crew
Sponsored by Academic Technologies and
the Center for Teaching & Learning