Nominees for the Provost's Award for Excellence in Teaching (PAET) who meet the eligibility qualifications are informed via email. Nominees who wish to be considered must submit a teaching portfolio electronically in either Microsoft Word or PDF format, to Marlene Poches (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than midnight on Friday, November 1, 2019.
Each portfolio should be no more than 15-20 typed pages using 1.5 line spacing, a 12 point font, one inch margins, and headers with your name and page numbers.
Appendices are not accepted.
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Teaching Philosophy (1-2 pages)
- List of courses taught and numbers of students enrolled for the last two years
- List of numerical averages from student evaluations for the last two years, with dept. averages
- Teaching Schedule for both fall and spring semesters
- Teaching Practices and Innovations
Statement of how student progress is measured, i.e., grading practices, grade distributions, etc.
Description of how you integrate recent theories and methodologies into your classes
Description of your instructional methodology in relation to your discipline
Design and implementation of instructional approaches
Influence on curriculum
- Mentoring and Advising Students
Undergraduate advising activities related to career and curriculum
- Mentoring Faculty in Regard to Instruction
Description of activities in regard to mentoring faculty
- Scholarship with Respect to Teaching
Grants received in relation to teaching
If you have questions, please contact Marlene Poches (email@example.com), Executive Assistant for Academic Planning, or Howard Dewald (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Provost for Faculty and Academic Planning.