Conceptualizing Teaching Excellence
In Fall 2021, the Teaching Excellence project team of the Teaching Excellence Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (TLA) Committee developed a proposal to conceptualize teaching excellence at Ohio University. The purpose is to establish broad, flexible university-wide definition(s) and criteria for teaching excellence that academic units can adopt, modify, and use for their evaluations of teaching excellence.
Proposal (Fall 2021)
In Fall 2021, the draft proposal and corresponding presentation was shared with the Deans Council, Chairs & Directors Council and Faculty Senate. The Fall 2021 proposal draft and presentation are available below.
Feedback about the proposal is welcome. Please provide feedback via an online survey by Friday, February 25, 2022.
Alternatively, you may provide feedback to any of the members of the project team:
- Liz Beverly, Associate Professor, Social Medicine (HCOM)
- Kitty Consolo, Associate Professor, Health and Human Services - Zanesville (HSP)
- Katie Hartman, Associate Provost for Faculty Development
- Andrew Pueschel, Assistant Professor, Marketing (BUS)
- Jennie Smith, Associate Professor of Instruction, Music (FAR)
- Andrew Szolosi, Associate Professor, Recreation and Sport Pedagogy (EDU)
- Yuqiu You, Associate Professor, Engineering Technology & Management (ENT)
- Christy Zempter, Director, OHIO Honors Program (HTC)