Presidential Leadership Society
About the Presidential Leaders
When he became Ohio University’s 21st president, President Nellis quickly recognized that Ohio University’s excellence is most apparent through its students and thus, the Presidential Leadership Society was formed. This group of student ambassadors serve as official representatives of Ohio University and the Office of the President at various presidential events throughout the academic year.
The Presidential Leaders are an elite society of student volunteers who give their time and talents to advance the priorities and initiatives of President Nellis. These premiere students are loyal Bobcats and role models who represent the very best Ohio University has to offer. Students apply to serve for one-year terms and must re-apply at the end of each term for consideration.
- The Presidential Leaders are chosen for their academic achievement, gregarious personalities, and exemplifying the best of Ohio University.
- Ambassadors are chosen each year by OHIO’s 21st president through a very selective process. The inaugural class will have the unique opportunity to participate in the historic inauguration of President Nellis on October 18, 2017.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Enrollment as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- The completion of at least two semesters of academic work at OHIO
- Advisor: John Rogers, Associate Director of Presidential Events
Important 2017-2018 Dates
: Friday, September 8, 2017, midnight
Interview Process: September 18, 2017 to September 27, 2017
Notification Day : Dr. Nellis will call all ambassadors on Monday, October 2, 2017
Orientation of Presidential Leaders : Sunday, October 15, 2017, all day
First Assignment : The Inauguration of President M. Duane Nellis on Wednesday, October 18, 2017
What Does A Presidential Leader Do?
EARN more about the mission, vision, history and interworking of Ohio University
E NGAGE with faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors and friends of OHIO
A SSIST the Office of the President in furthering President Nellis’ strategic initiatives
D ETAIL the student experience to various constituents and polish public speaking skills
E LEVATE the reputation of OHIO by showcasing the tremendous talent of its students
R EPRESENT Ohio University and President Nellis at special events on and off campus