44.120: Animals and Animal Pets
SUPERCEDED on March 17, 2009
|Approved on January 21, 2005||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
Director of Environmental Health and Safety
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Interim Vice President for Administration and Finance
- To describe the limitations relative to animals and animal pets in Ohio University-owned buildings and vehicles.
- Animals and animal pets are generally not permitted within Ohio University buildings or vehicles. The only exceptions to this prohibition are:
- Animals used in current teaching, research, and clinical activities, as approved by the Office of Research Compliance;
- Assistive or service animals for persons with disabilities, or those animals being trained for such a purpose, as defined and approved by law;
- Fish in an aquarium of a capacity of 50 gallons or less (larger sizes must be approved by the Department of Environmental Health and Safety);
- Animals required by law (e.g. patrol dogs accompanying police or security officers);
- Occasional exceptions may also be made for senior Residence Life staff who are required to live on campus, with approval from the Director of Environmental Health and Safety and the Director of Residence Life.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Vice President for Research
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Director of Residence Life
- Dean of Students
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Copyright © 2009 Ohio University. All Rights Reserved.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohiou.edu/policy/s44-120.html) on March 18, 2009.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "email@example.com".