42.100: Campus Signs
SUPERCEDED as of April 18, 2008
|Approved on December 30, 2002||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
|September 1, 2002||
Associate Vice President for Administration
for Facilities and Auxiliary Services
|Nancy Prichard Crist, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Vice President for Administration
- This policy provides procedures to insure consistent application of interior and exterior sign standards to provide; convenience for faculty, staff, students, and visitors; compliance with laws, (e.g. Americans with Disabilities Act); and, to maintain the historic beauty of the campus.
- No changes, abbreviations, additions or deletions to campus interior or exterior signage are permitted without approval as defined in procedures below. The Vice President for Administration will convene and maintain a University Sign Committee, chaired by the Assistant Vice President for Facilities Planning, to review and administer this policy. The Sign Committee has exclusive rights to approve any exceptions to the policy.
- All requests for interior and exterior signs will be directed to the Campus Signage Department of Facilities Management to provide guidance on design and composition and also to ensure University standards are followed. The Renovations Department is responsible for routine administration of the University's sign system using the:
- Ohio University Exterior Sign System Manual (July, 1988)
- Ohio University Interior Signage Standards Manual (June, 1998).
Variances will be presented to the Sign Committee.
All renovations funded by the State Capital Bill are managed by the University Planning Office.
All temporary signage (i.e. banners attached to buildings or fixtures) are approved by the Planning Office.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- University Planning Office
- University Sign Committee
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohiou.edu/policy/s42-100.html) on April 23, 2008.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".