37.004: Campus Design, Construction, and Maintenance
|Approved on October 22, 2004||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
Associate Vice President for Administration
for Facilities and Auxiliary Services
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Interim Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Facilities Management, Facilities Planning, and Environmental Health and Safety have been assigned certain responsibilities for all University buildings and campuses. These responsibilities include code compliance, occupant life safety issues, environmental issues (e.g., asbestos, lead, CFC's), building quality and aesthetic concerns, historic preservation compliance, and ensuring necessary upkeep to protect public and private investment in State-owned facilities. This policy has been formulated to ensure that these responsibilities are fulfilled.
- No interior or exterior design, construction, renovation, or maintenance work pertaining to any State-owned or leased property may be initiated without the involvement of the Facilities Management or Facilities Planning Offices. This includes the procurement of professional consultants, preparation of drawings, review of proposals, and the accomplishment of the work itself, whether by in-house forces or by contract.
- Athens campus proposals for locally funded design or renovation projects that would increase a planning unit allocation or alter the use or configuration of space should be submitted on a Space and Renovation Request Form to the Director of Space Management, Office of Facilities Planning and Construction.
Requests for projects that do not affect the use of space should be submitted to the Renovations Department at Facilities Management. This office will coordinate subsequent contacts with other appropriate departments (e.g., Facilities Planning, Environmental Health and Safety).
Major renovation or new construction projects over $500,000 and regional campus capital projects are coordinated by the Office of Facilities Planning and Construction.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Director of Space Management
- The following forms are specific to this policy
- The Space and Renovation Request Form is available on-line at https://www.ohio.edu/facilities/planning-space/space_request.htm
Dick Piccard revised this file (https://www.ohio.edu/policy/37-004.html) on March 23, 2016.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".