Crime Alert 191019
On October 30, 2019 at 8:13 p.m., the Ohio University Police Department received a report from the hospital of a rape that occurred in the early morning hours on October 27, 2019. A female victim reported to a nurse that she was at a house party at an unknown location, felt dizzy, and next remembered waking up in another unknown location. Information obtained from the hospital indicates that the victim was sexually assaulted.
This case is being investigated by the Ohio University Police Department.
Crime Prevention Tips:
- Survivors of crime are never at fault for their victimization. It is the perpetrators of these crimes who are responsible for their actions that make our campus less safe.
- Sexual contact without consent, with or without additional physical injury, is a serious crime.
- If you see someone in need, there are ways you can safely intervene, including by being direct when safe and able, creating a distraction, or by delegating to others when help is needed.
- When walking alone, consider walking with your phone in your hand.
- If you feel threatened or uncomfortable in regards to your safety, please call 911.
- Consider planning ahead to utilize the CATS Late Night free shuttle service between 5:30PM-3:00AM M-F, and 9:30 PM-3AM Saturday-Sunday. Rides can be scheduled by contacting 740-593-4040 via text or phone.
- If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, resources are available for help. For a list of confidential and non-confidential campus or community resources, please visit:https://www.ohio.edu/equity-civil-rights/Resources.cfm