Plan your visa

If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you will need a visa to study at Ohio University. Most students are given an F-1 student visa; the I-20 form in your admission packet will help you get this visa. You will need to plan your visa application process early to ensure that you have the time to prepare to come to OHIO.

If you are on another visa type that allows for study in the United States (such as dependents of an employee) you are still considered an international student and should attend the International Student Orientation. It is your responsibility to keep your immigration status current, and the Office of International Student and Faculty Services has services to help you with immigration matters.

Please note that you should not schedule your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy until you have received an I-20 from Ohio University.

Important Dates
OHIO YouTube
East Green