Parents & Families
The Office of the Dean of Students, in collaboration with University departments and offices, seeks to partner with parents and families to provide timely, helpful information to aid in the academic, social and holistic success of Ohio University students. To accomplish this mission the Office of the Dean of Students seeks to effectively communicate with parents and families, help parents and families understand and navigate the Ohio University landscape, provide advocacy for parents and families, and provide on-campus activites for family weekends.
Parent & Family Class
Ohio Parent and Family 1000 is an entry level course designed to assist parent and family members of Ohio University students as they transition into higher education. This transition is often difficult, but crucial in determining the future success of each student. By providing important information and university resources, this course aims to encourage a positive transition experience and foster understanding and supportive relationships between families and their students.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the online academic experience.
- Become aware of common experiences of other parents and families.
- Identify additional ways to support your student.
- Maintain connections and build relationships with other parents and families.
- Find the appropriate means to aid your student in their connection with campus resources.