Ohio University gears up for the opening of fall quarter
(Sept. 3, 2003) -- Students, welcome to Athens! While the pace can be a little different, we hope your time is productive and peaceful (and if you're new, we're glad you've decided to make Ohio University your home for the next four years). As the fall quarter begins, you've got a lot to keep track of, so here's an abbreviated calendar with some information about this quarter's deadlines. We've also added some links you can use to help get the year started on the right foot (see below and left).
You can bookmark this page and use it as a reference throughout the coming academic year. Also visit the Current Students front door, which is full of useful links and fresh news you'll want to know about.
Check the official academic calendar for all dates and deadlines
Friday, September 12
- Last day to check out of residence hall to receive 75% housing refund
Monday, September 15
- Last day to add a Fall Quarter class without instructor's approval
Thursday, September 18
- State of the University Address: 3 p.m., Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Auditorium
Monday, September 22
- Last day to register for Fall Quarter
- Last day to add a Fall Quarter class
- Last day to drop a Fall Quarter class (course removed from student's academic record)
- Last day to change college/major for Fall Quarter (contact your college student services office or your regional campus student services office)
- Last day to apply for the pass/fail grading option for Fall Quarter class (apply at your college student services office or regional campus student services office)
- Last day to change a grading option for Fall Quarter class (credit to audit, audit to credit, pass/fail to regular grade option, or regular grade option to pass/fail)
- Last day to receive partial refund (80%) of registration fees for complete withdrawal from the University (all Spring Quarter courses removed from the student's academic record) for Spring Quarter
Saturday, September 27
- Honors Convocation for undergraduate scholarship students and parents
Tuesday, September 30
- Last day to apply for graduation for Fall Quarter NOTE: Official graduation (degree conferral date) is November 26. Commencement is held at the conclusion of Spring Quarter.
Monday, October 13
- Last day to drop a class from the University for Fall Quarter (courses remain on student's academic record with WP/WF grade, no fee refund)
Tuesday, November 11
- Veterans Day observed (University offices officially closed; classes not in session)
Friday, November 14
- Last day to withdraw (drop all classes) from the University for Fall Quarter (courses remain on student's academic record with WP/WF grades, no fee refund)
Monday, November 17
- Last day of classes for Fall Quarter
Wednesday, November 19
- Fall Quarter Examinations begin
Tuesday, November 25
- Residence halls close at 5 p.m.
- Last meal served on board plan (lunch)
More Links You Can Use:
[ 30 ]
- Local weather forecast
- Tips for freshmen
- Get in the Groove! lets you know how to get involved on campus
- Residence hall mailing addresses
- Online laundry room status (check the availability of washers and dryers in laundry rooms across campus; you can even be sent an e-mail when a particular machine finishes its cycle)
- Online housing forms (such as CATvision cable and microfridge work requests)
- Academic resources for students
- The Office of Nationally Competitive Programs offers assistance to Ohio University students as they prepare and apply for various prestigious awards given to students around the world.
- Communication Network Services for students
- Activate your e-mail account
- Need help with an Ohio University ID?
- About student computers