Campus climate focus groups schedule
ATHENS, Ohio (April 2, 2004) -- During the first two weeks of April, all members of the university community will have an opportunity to participate in focus groups as a follow-up to the Campus Climate Survey, distributed on March 8.
These focus groups - part of Provost Stephen Kopp's Task Force on Inclusiveness and Equality - will help to effect meaningful improvements in the campus climate for all members of the university community, particularly women and underrepresented groups.
With this in mind, all supervisors are encouraged to give employees release time from their work so they can participate in one of the focus groups.
- Caucus of Educators and Staff of African Descent: (Facilitated by Sheila Williams and Julia Zimmerman)
- Friday, April 16, 10 a.m. to noon, Dean's Conference Room, Alden Library room 512
- Classified staff: (Facilitated by Cathey Glenn and Brian McCoy)
- Wednesday, April 14, 3 to 5 p.m., HRTC 154
- Thursday, April 15, 2 to 4 p.m., HRTC 154
- Friday, April 16, 3 to 5 p.m., HRTC 15
Classified staff can sign up for one of these sessions through the University Professional Development Web site: www.ohiou.edu/upd
- Wednesday, April 14, 7-9 p.m., Clippinger 119 (Facilitated by Hugh Bloemer)
- General student focus groups:
- Wednesday, April 14, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Baker Center 329
- Thursday, April 15, 6 to 7 p.m., Baker Center 330
[ 30 ]
Media Contact: Media Specialist George Mauzy, (740) 597-1794 or email@example.com