By Annmarie Steffes
As another quarter heads to a close, there are events to enjoy before the university settles down for winter break.
School of Theater
The School of Theater is offering its rendition of the 1930s drama "Grapes of Wrath." Based on the novel by John Steinbeck, the performance follows the plight of the Joad family during the Great Depression as they are forced to leave their home to seek prosperity in California. The performance will start at 8 p.m. Nov. 5-8 and Nov. 12-15 in the Elizabeth Evans Baker Theater in Kantner Hall.
For more information, visit the school's Web site at www.finearts.ohio.edu/theater or call 740-593-4800.
School of Dance
The School of Dance will hold its Senior Dance Concert, Nov. 13-15 at the Shirley Wimmer Dance Theatre in Putnam Hall, featuring student-performed and student-choreographed pieces.
For more information about times and ticket prices, visit the school's Web site at www.finearts.ohio.edu/dance or call 740-593-1826.
School of Music
The school will showcase students' instrumental talents in ensemble performances on the following days:
- Nov. 3: The Percussion and Trumpet Ensembles will take the stage at the School of Music's Recital Hall, 8 p.m.
- Nov. 13: Richard Suk and Andrew Trachsel will direct the Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble at Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium, 8 p.m.
- Nov. 15: Audiences can catch members of the Marching 110 performing a Varsity Show at Templeton-Blackburn, 8 p.m.
- Nov. 16: The Orchestra and Honors String Orchestra performance at Templeton-Blackburn, 4 p.m.
Vocal performances also are on the school's schedule.
- Nov. 6: University Singers and Choral Union will perform at the First Methodist Church, 2 S. College St., 8 p.m.
- Nov. 9: The Singing Men of Ohio, Women's Chorale and Athens Community Children's Chorus will perform at Templeton-Blackburn, 4 p.m.
- Nov. 14: Vocal performance students will present Opera Scenes at The Ridges Auditorium, 7 p.m.
For more information about times and locations, visit the school's Web site at www.finearts.ohio.edu/music or call 740-593-4244.
School of Art
The School of Art will exhibit its students' work from all genres.
Running Nov. 4-8 in the Trisolini Gallery in Baker University Center, the BFA Thesis Printmaking Exhibition features work by the school's undergraduate students. In the Ohio University Art Gallery in Siegfried Hall Nov. 6-22, the school displays the Second-Year Graduate Student Exhibition. Finally, the BFA Thesis Sculpture and Painting Exhibition will display works of undergraduate painting and sculpture students on Nov. 12-18 in the Trisolini Gallery.
The Ohio University Art Gallery and the Trisolini Gallery are open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Admission is free. For more information, visit the School of Art's Web site at www.finearts.ohio.edu/art/ or call 593-0796.