Faculty Senate to meet tonight
Mar 9, 2009
Faculty Senate will hold its monthly meeting at 7:10 p.m. today in Walter Hall 235.
Three resolutions related to the university's health care plan are up for consideration. The measures would:
- Approve the Budget Planning Council's recommendation to implement changes to save $3 million annually
- Support $860,000 in health care plan savings and the continuation of Holzer Clinic as a Tier 1 provider
- Call for employee premiums for fiscal 2010 to remain at the same level as fiscal 2009 premiums
Also up for consideration are three resolutions related to the conversion from quarters to semesters. These measures would:
- Set three hours as the standard semester course (one hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday or one and a half hours on Tuesday and Thursday)
- Set 120 semester hours as the minimum needed for a bachelor's degree and 60 semester hours as the minimum needed for a associate's degree
- Outline general education requirements under a semester format
Also to be considered is a resolution clarifying Faculty Handbook language on search procedures for executive academic officers.
Faculty Senate: http://www.ohio.edu/facultysenate/
Published: Mar 9, 2009 12:24 PM