United Appeal seeking donations for those in need
Dec 18, 2008
With the holidays fast approaching and economic hardships weighing on residents, this is an opportune time for members of the Ohio University community to pledge their support for United Appeal for Athens County.
University campaign co-chairs Terry Conry and Kent Smith are asking employees to contribute $105,000 toward this year's countywide goal of $205,000. So far, the university community has pledged $43,173.
Last year, university employees raised $85,000.
Local organizations that benefit from United Appeal are:
- American Red Cross Athens County Chapter
- Athens County Habitat for Humanity
- Appalachian Community Visiting Nurse Association, Hospice and Health Services
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program through Housing for Athens Senior Residents
- HAVAR Inc.
- Athens County Food Pantry
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Athens County
- Girl Scouts Seal of Ohio Council
- Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council
- Tri-County Community Mental Health and Counseling's Epilepsy Services
- The Gathering Place
- Family Health Care Services Inc.
- United Seniors of Athens County's Prescription Help Program
Employees can donate to United Appeal by using the pledge card sent through campus mail in October, or by visiting the county United Appeal Web site at www.unitedappeal.org. Donations may be made by payroll deduction, check or credit card.
United Appeal vital in tough times: http://www.ohio.edu/outlook/08-09/November/177.cfm
Published: Dec 18, 2008 11:02 AM