Nine elected to Administrative Senate
May 22, 2008
The 2008 Administrative Senate elections concluded Tuesday with nine administrators elected to three-year terms that begin July 1. The election, for which about one-third of Administrative Senate seats were open, drew 181 voters.
Winners of the four contested at-large senate seats were Thea Arocho, Douglas Grammer, James Sand and Eileen Theodore-Shusta. They were chosen from a field of six candidates.
Five administrators were uncontested in their bids for district senate seats:
- Janelle Baney, District 15 (Airport, McFarland Avionics Engineering Center, Stocker, Technology and Enterprise)
- David Carpenter, District 17 (35 Park Place, Botanical Research, Gordy, Morton, Scott Quad)
- Jean Demosky, District 6 (Computer Services, Copeland, President Street Academic Center)
- Vijayanand Nadella, District 7 (Grover, Anderson, Porter, Walter, West Green residence halls)
- Andrew Stuart, District 2 (Alden Library, Alden Annex, Crewson House, Scripps, Sing Tao House)
Administrative Senate Chair Brenda Noftz said the group is seeking candidates to fill several vacant senator positions for next year. The available positions include District 16 (East Green residence halls, Konneker Research, Nelson, Wolfe and Mill Street apartments, McCracken), two regional campus representatives and one part-time administrator representative.
Administrators interested in applying for an open senator position should contact Noftz at 740-597-1436 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- George Mauzy
Administrative Senate: http://www.ohiou.edu/admsen/
Published: May 22, 2008 10:06 AM