Campuses host graduation events
May 23, 2008
From staff reports
Ohio University will hold its official graduate and undergraduate commencement exercises on the Athens campus on Friday, June 13, and Saturday, June 14, respectively.
While all individuals earning degrees during the 2007-08 academic year are eligible to take part in and be recognized during those ceremonies, students who completed their degree work at the university's regional sites across Southeastern Ohio also will be recognized during ceremonies on their respective regional campuses.
Each of the five regional campuses will host honors convocations or graduate recognition ceremonies after the completion of spring-quarter classes.
- The Chillicothe campus will host a Recognition of Graduates ceremony at 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 13, in Shoemaker Center. The event will be followed by a reception for graduates and their families in the Family Service/Child Development Center.
The campus also will host a pinning ceremony for graduates of the nursing program at 2:30 p.m. June 13. The event will be in Shoemaker Center.
- Ohio University's Eastern campus in St. Clairsville will hold an Honors Convocation at 7 p.m. Friday, June 6, in the Health and Physical Education Center.
The keynote speaker will be alumnus Taylor Hagood, assistant professor of English at Florida Atlantic University. Hagood attended classes on the Eastern campus for three years before finishing both his bachelor's and master's degrees in Athens.
- The Lancaster campus will host an Honors Convocation at 7 p.m. Friday, June 13, in Brasee Hall. Assistant Professor of Psychology Patrick Munhall will deliver the keynote address. Munhall was the 2007 Phi Theta Kappa Professor of the Year at the Lancaster campus.
- The Southern campus in Ironton will host a Graduate Recognition Ceremony at 7 p.m. Friday, June 13, in Shafer Courtyard.
The campus also will host a pinning ceremony for graduates of the nursing program at 3 p.m. Friday, June 13, in Bowman Auditorium, with a reception to follow in Mains Rotunda in the Riffe Center.
- Ohio University-Zanesville will host a recognition night at 7 p.m. Friday, June 13, in the Littick Hall Gym. Stoey Stout, vice president of Zandex Health Care, will be the keynote speaker. Stout has been involved with promoting higher education at the Zanesville campus for a number of years, specifically as the organizer of the Cyber Seniors program, which assists senior citizens interested in taking computer classes at the campus.
A reception for graduates and their families will be held immediately after the ceremony in the Campus Center Conference Room.
To speak with a media representative about this story, please contact:
Ohio University commencement: http://www.ohio.edu/commencement/
Ohio University regional campuses and centers: http://www.ouorc.ohio.edu/
Published: May 23, 2008 10:11 AM