ATHENS, Ohio (May 7, 2007) -- Robert Colvin will give the seventh lecture in the series of new professor lectures. It will take place at 4:10 p.m. on Wednesday May 9 in 242 Baker University Center.
The lecture, ?Role of zinc in brain function: I ?zinc? therefore I am,? will also be offered live via the internet using streaming video technology.
The first six lectures in the series are now available at our archives and include:
- "Sexual Violence: From Hidden Rape to a Major Public Health Problem" (Dr. Christine Gidycz)
- "Locomotor biomechanics and muscle function: Cool things you didn't know about walking, running and breathing." (Dr. Stephen Reilly)
- "Fighting with Friends: The Dynamics of Coalition Warfare" (Dr. Patricia Weitsman)
- "Galaxies and the Universe: Black Holes to Dark Energy" (Dr. Thomas Statler)
- "Politic Histories from the Twelfth-Century cloister: Abbot Aelred of Rievaulx, King Stephen, and King Henry II" (Dr. Marsha Dutton)
- "Nuremberg's Secret Legacy: The Allied Prison at Spandau" (Dr. Norm Goda)
Our final lecture for the academic year is listed below (the lecture will be scheduled at 4:10 p.m.):
- Dr. Vibert Cambridge (5/23/07) - ?Guyana, Music and Diasporas in the Americas during the 20th Century"
[ 30 ]
Contact: Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, (740) 597-1833.