Committee tasked with finding a dean of university libraries
Group expects to have candidates on campus for interviews fall quarter
ATHENS, Ohio (March 27, 2007) -- The committee charged with finding a new dean of university libraries will hold its initial meeting early spring quarter. Dean of the Honors Tutorial College Ann Fidler has agreed to serve as the chair of the committee, which expects to name a dean by the end of fall quarter.
At its first meeting, the group will begin preparing an announcement for the position to run during late spring and early summer. Campus interviews for the position are expected to occur fall quarter 2007.
The committee will conduct a national search for a successor for Dean of University Libraries Julia Zimmerman, who has accepted a position as director of university libraries at her alma mater, Florida State University. Associate Dean for Collection Development Jan Maxwell will assume the role of interim dean, effective May 18.
The committee members are:
- Ann Fidler, dean, Honors Tutorial College
- Robert Ingram, assistant professor of history
- Philip Ehrlich, professor of philosophy
- Greg Kremer, chair and associate professor of mechanical engineering
- Ann Paulins, director and professor of human and consumer sciences
- Jan Maxwell, associate dean for collection development
- Char Booth, reference and instruction librarian
- Marjorie DeWert, director of Academic Technology
- Betsy Story, senior library associate
- Patty Griffith, director, Chillicothe Computer Services
- Paula Barlett, undergraduate senior
- Grace Butler, graduate student
[ 30 ]
Media Contact: Acting Senior Director of Media Relations Sally Linder, 740-597-1793 or firstname.lastname@example.org