St. Clairsville, Ohio (March 9, 2007) -- The Eastern Campus of Ohio University has formed a committee to organize its 50th anniversary celebration which will launch fall 2007 and continue through the academic year.
Committee members include: Carol Knight, documents specialist; Cheryl Brak, department administrator; Crystal Lorimor, director of marketing and public relations; Debbie Jamison (co-chair) administrative associate; Dennis Fox (co-chair), theater instructor and director; Diann Nickerson, administrative coordinator; Jennifer Diamond, assistant professor of English; Jennifer Kellner, recruitment coordinator; Jim Casebolt, associate professor of psychology; Kim Butler, exercise physiology instructor; Robert Galbreath, assistant professor of exercise physiology; and Tom Doepken, art instructor and art gallery director.
In 1957, the Eastern Campus started offering courses at Martins Ferry High School. For awhile courses were also offered at St. Clairsville High School. In 1967, Shannon Hall was built on National Road, west of St. Clairsville, and was the start of the campus as it is known today. At the time, the campus went by the name of Ohio University - Belmont.
If anyone has ideas for events or memories to share, please contact co-chairs Debbie Jamison or Dennis Fox at 740-699-2494 and 740-699-2340 respectively.