ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (Jan. 18, 2007) -- Ohio University plans to offer the master's in social science degree starting summer 2007 at the Eastern Campus in St. Clairsville.
The program will be a combination of evening, weekend and Internet courses. The application deadline is Feb. 2. This master's degree is for school teachers who teach in the social studies area and others who are interested in understanding the forces that have shaped the contemporary world and already have earned a bachelor's degree.
One course per quarter will be offered during the 11 quarters of the program; students will be required to take 10 of the courses, including the one in fall 2009. Classes will be delivered on Saturday mornings in fall and spring quarters. During the summer, one or two courses will be offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. In winter quarter, online classes will be offered. The program is scheduled for summer 2007 through fall 2009.
Following is a tentative list of some of the courses:
- HIST 611 - Colloquium in History in Recent Times
- HIST 575 - World War 1
- POLS 504- Civil Liberties
- POLS 515 - The American Presidency
- HIST 574C - Cold War Europe
- HIST 582C - History of the Soviet Union
- HIST 515D - African American History Since 1940
- POLS 501 - American Constitutional Law
- GEOG 534 - Historical Geography of the US
- HIST 506 - American Environmental History
For more information, please contact the Eastern Campus at 740-695-1720.
[ 30 ]
Media Contact: Director of Marketing and Public Relations Crystal Lorimor at 740-699-2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org