Students honored at Ohio University Eastern
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (June 1, 2006) -- A total of 103 area students will be recognized at the Ohio University Eastern Campus Honors and Recognition Convocation on Friday, June 2, at 7 p.m. The Convocation will take place at the Robert W. Ney Center on the Ohio University Eastern Campus. The academic achievements of numerous students will be acknowledged during the convocation ceremony.
"This is always an exciting time of the year. Our students have worked hard to achieve their academic goals," said Paul E. Bibbins Jr., dean, Ohio University Eastern Campus. "I wish all of our students well as they begin their careers or take newly acquired skills back to their work place. Our students should be proud of all that they have accomplished and I am glad that the Eastern Campus was able to play a role in their success."
The following students will be acknowledged for receiving their bachelor's or associates degrees from Ohio University:
- Barnesville: Danielle Dudzik, Jane Hall, Laura Hunkler, Lisa Johnson, Anna Lucas, Ashley sellers, Brandy Stephens, Judith Toohey, Jessica Yarnall
- Barton: Johanna Degenova
- Beallsville: Jennifer Phillips, Mindy Reed, Chantele Smith.
- Bellaire: Erin Fisher, Jacqueline Kidder, Amanda Lucci, Joseph Masciarelli, Marsha McGarry, Brenda Millhouse, Antoinette Snyder, Eric Violet, Tennille Wilhelm
- Belmont: Kristen Mercer Benwood: Vicki Johnson
- Bethesda: Derek Cain, Heidi Porter
- Bloomingdale: Joshua Fomenko
- Bridgeport: Jessica Beal, Michael Gayvont, Angela Gessler, Shannon Gonzalez, Jennifer Lee, Meagan Porter, Terri Scheid
- Brilliant: Chad Smearman
- Cadiz: Angela Bryant, Morgan Long, Willy Luther, Ashley Phillipson, Joshua Rinkes
- Cameron: Charity Ady
- Clarington: Christina Gardner, Tiffanie Groh. Delaware: Jessica Williams
- Dillonvale: Michael Markus, Chad Powley
- Flushing: Karen Kidd, Casey Smith
- Freeport: Jill Clay, Bethany Doane
- Hopedale: Glenda Valesko
- Jacobsburg: Corie Baker, Michael Carpenter, David Jack
- Lafferty: Amber Demarachi
- Lewisville: Charles Byers
- Lucasville: Julianna Kemp
- Martins Ferry: Justin Benline, Natalie Berletch, Alissa Kinsey, Jackie Mohney, Heather Phillips, Jodie Taylor-Canter, Rebecca Wilson, Aaron Woollard
- Moundsville: Stacie Bearup, Victoria Reilly
- Mt. Pleasant: Gary Anderson, Amanda Eikenberry, Shawnna Worrell
- Rayland: Bethann Travis
- Sardis: Charla Zollinger
- Shadyside: Stacey Cost, Rachel Crow, Thomas Ferguson, Stephanie Phillips
- St. Clairsville: Carol Clary, Elise Flading, Chad Gilman, Natalie Hawthorne, Kristine Hedger, Danielle Johnson, Carrie McMahon, Lisa Millhouse, Michael Musilli, Johnathan Peltz, Michelle Schucker, Laura Shook, Sarah Stupak, Diana Tottka, Danielle Wells, Jill Winland
- Steubenville: Olivia Hagood Tiltonsville: Mary Applegarth, Jeffrey Runnion
- Toronto: Theresa McMullen, Janis Redmond, Katie Rinkes.
- Urichsville: Jaci Pickens
- Wheeling: Lila Morrow
- Wintersville: Shirley Bray
- Woodsfield: Robert Lumbatis, Ryan Wallace
Daniel L. Frizzi, Jr., Ohio University alumnus and 2005 Austin Furbee Award recipient will deliver the keynote speech. Terry Lee, Ohio University-Eastern Alumni Chapter, Co-Chair will be present to welcome new graduates into the alumni chapter.
The following awards will be presented to students, faculty, and staff during the convocation ceremony.
- The Professor of the Year awarded to Dr. Warren Galbreath and the Classified Employee of the Year awarded to Ronald Dunder.
- Student Health Sciences Administration Association Leadership Award presented to Vicki Johnson by William Lambert.
- Gamma Pi Delta, an honor society recognizing outstanding achievement by non-traditional students, presented by Judith Bush to Jennifer Elerick, Erin Fisher, S. Andrea Schrickel-White, Erin Huffman, Stacey January-Jones, Brenda Millhouse and Dianna Tottka.
- Outstanding Early Childhood Education Student awarded to Rachel Crow by Paula McMurray-Schwarz.
- Outstanding Communication Student awarded to Heidi Porter by Sarah Mahan-Hays and Jason Wrench.
The Honors and Recognition Convocation was dedicated in memory of James E. Kettler, professor emeritus of physics at Ohio University Eastern. Kettler passed away in January 2006.
[ 30 ]
Media Contact: Jan Chambers, (740) 699-2334