You're invited to learn about student research and creativity at Ohio University
April 6, 2005
How are research, scholarship, and creative activity related to Ohio University students? Just ask the hundreds of undergraduate, graduate, and medical students who are studying how cells become cancerous, traveling overseas to learn how to incorporate traditional African dance techniques into new choreographies, and designing a prototype for the world's first flying car. Every day students work alongside faculty and staff in laboratories, offices and in the field to explore issues that impact our world and engage in a learning experience beyond the classroom.
The Fourth Annual Student Research and Creative Activity Fair will offer Ohio University students the chance to display the fruits of their research and creative activity from noon to 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 12, at the Convocation Center. Sponsored by the Vice President for Research, the fair also provides a great example of how student learning and the research endeavor are intertwined at Ohio University.
How Do I Get Involved?
- Current Ohio University students involved in research, scholarship and creative activity:
- Sign up by April 12 to display the findings of your work at the fair and become eligible for judging by visiting this site: www.ohio.edu/research/students and clicking on "presenters". Students will be recognized for their work and can gain experience presenting the results of their projects in a formal venue. Students from disciplines ranging from engineering to fine arts can have their work judged by a panel of faculty members who will award cash prizes of $400 for 1st place.
- High schools/middle schools/and other prospective students:
- Ohio University welcomes schools to attend the fair as an end-of-school event for entire classes, special recognition for honor students, or an opportunity to generate interest in higher learning. A complete program of presentations and sessions will be available prior to the event, which is best suited for grades 6 through 12. Schools may allow students to focus on certain sessions (science, technology, art, humanities) or visit the entire fair. FREE pizza and beverages throughout the day! Easy access to the event and FREE parking!
- Visit our Web site at www.ohiou.edu/research/students and click on the "Schools" tab at the bottom of the site for more information, maps, and a registration form (for parking). Or contact Crystal Montgomery at (740) 593-0946 or email@example.com. Registration deadline (to ensure parking): Friday, April 29.
- All other Ohio University students:
- If you are not already involved in research, scholarship or creative work, stop by the fair to learn about ways to participate in these activities during your time at Ohio University. Current and former students can vouch that it's an important way to learn more about your field of study and can lead to graduate or professional school. Plus, FREE pizza and beverages throughout the day!