What Can PRSSA Do For You?
What is PRSSA?
In 1968, 20 years after its own establishment, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) founded the Public Relations Student Society of America. The declared purpose of PRSSA is to cultivate a favorable and mutually advantageous relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners.
The student society aims to foster the following:
* Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
* Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principles
* Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
* Appreciation of Associate Membership in PRSA and eventually accredited membership
* Today The Public Relations Student Society of America has more than 6,500 members in 220 chapters on college campuses across the country.
What are the benefits of being a dues-paying member?
* The ability to run for Executive Board
* Forum (the national PRSSA newsletter)
* Access to PRSSA's JobWeb
* Reduced registration costs at the PRSSA National Conference
* The ability to become OU's national delegation at the PRSSA National Assembly
Can I still be a attend PRSSA meetings and participate in activities if I don't pay dues?
Yes. Meetings are open to everyone from all majors. You can also participate in all of our activities:
* ImPRessions, our student-run firm
* PR Success and pro•fes•sion•al (our internal and external newsletters)
* PR Committee
PRSSA meets every Monday at 6:00 p.m. in 111 Scripps Hall.