The Alpha Delta chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi believes that membership of this organization is an honor and membership should only be awarded to those individuals who demonstrate the finest in musicianship, leadership, and character. Furthermore, the Alpha Delta chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi believes that recruitment is a mutual phenomenon between its members and those individuals interested in membership and that our chapter is responsible for providing opportunities for education and showing an equal interest in those individuals interested in membership.
What is Kappa Kappa Psi?
- Kappa Kappa Psi is a fraternal organization that promotes the advancement of college and university bands through dedicated service and support; comprehensive education; leadership opportunities; and recognition for the benefit of its members and society.
- The Alpha Delta chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi is a co-ed fraternity comprised of hardworking men and women bound together by their love and appreciation of music and their desire to support the art through service.
- Kappa Kappa Psi supports the marching 110, school of music ensembles, and the school of music in general by offering service, fundraising, or a combination of the two. Things we have done in the past include: Reading band, dry-cleaning, funding for jazz ensemble/wind symphony tours, purchasing new folders for band department, organizing a 5K Run to help offset marching band members' travel costs to the Rose Bowl Parade in 2010, donating funds to help send the Ohio University Wind Ensemble and Orchestra to OMEA convention in the fall of 2009, and many other ways!
- Alongside service, Kappa Kappa Psi also builds brotherhood among its members by organizing chapter socials. These events are organized so that members can strengthen bonds between each other and instill a feeling of security and true brotherhood.
- Some of the socials we organize include a Halloween Party, Ice Skating, Spring Quarter Cookouts, Kappa Kappa Psi Bowling, our annual Semi Formal Dance, and many more fun activities!
Have what it takes?
- Qualities we look for in a brother:
- Outstanding Musicianship
- Positive Attitude
- Exceptional Work Ethic
Formal Rush Interviews
Kappa Kappa Psi will be having only one rush process this year. Therefore, our chapter has decided to approach the Formal Rush in the following way: There will be two days for Formal Rush Interview this year: Tuesday December 4th and Wednesday December 5th. The interviews will start at 7:30pm with a mixer with all the active membership. Use this opportunity to meet any brothers who you haven't talked to yet! In the application, found on the intent rush form link, you will have a preference to choose which day works better for you. If either day is fine, then you will select No Preference. This application must be filled about by Monday December 2nd by 8:00pm. That same night, you will get an email from the Vice President of Membership with your scheduled day and time for the interview.
- Seriousness. The current members in attendance will be expecting that you maintain professional conduct when appropriate; and you can expect the brothers to display this as well. Take this seriously.
- Attire. Current members in attendance will be dressed in business casual; as for prospective members, we would like for you to try your best to do as formal as you can. Meaning, if possible, no jeans, tennis shoes, etc. Just use common sense to look your best! Treat this experience as if it were a job interview.
- Patience. Please be patient when you are waiting your turn to interview. The executive board will do its best to keep on a time schedule so that we do not spend an unequal amount of time on different prospective members.
- "If your friend does something against your morals (i.e. steal or other illegal activities) do you risk your friendship and tell on them or do you ignore it?"
- "Describe yourself in three words."
- "Give us an example from your past in which something didn't go your way and how did you react to it?"
- "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
- "Who has had the most influence on you in your life? What kind of qualities does this person posses?"
After your interview is over, you are the dismissed and can carry on with your evening. You are of course welcome to stay and wait with the other candidates. That night you will be notified if you will be getting a call back interview. If you get a call back interview, that doesn't guarantee you a bid. If you don't get a callback interview, that does not mean that you will not get a bid.