TAS 4020 PBC
TAS 4020—Creating a Work and Life Plan
Two Semester Hours
University Prerequisite: None
Encourages students to create a work and life plan. Students will identify their own needs and desires in regards to their futures and their future careers. Emphasis on matching each student’s potential with several potential areas of work.
Methods of Course Instruction
All material for this course is print-based. Instructor and students communicate and exchange materials through postal mail.
In this course, an option exists to use e-mail to submit your lesson assignments. Your assignment will be returned to you either as an e-mail attachment or as a hard copy sent through the postal mail, depending on the preferences of the instructor and/or program.
Textbooks and Supplies
Zichy, S. and A. Bidou. Career Match: Connecting Who You Are with What You’ll Love to Do. New York: AMACOM, 2007. [ISBN: 9780814473641]
Number of Lessons
The course has six lessons. These lessons include:
- Lesson 1: Tell Me a Story
- Lesson 2: Color Q Assessment
- Lesson 3: Roadmap from Text
- Lesson 4: Reflection Paper on Strengths/Non-Strengths
- Lesson 5: Review of Career Sources
- Lesson 6: Career Map
Types of Writing Assignments
Handwritten assignments are acceptable, but the preferred method is a typed assignment, double-spaced, using 12-point font and one-inch margins in Microsoft Word or PDF format. As with all assignments, good grammar and standard written English are essential.
Your final grade will be determined by your grades on the submitted writing assignments and the two examinations, as follows:
- Lesson 1: Tell Me a Story — 100 points
- Lesson 2: Color Q Assessment — 250 points
- Lesson 3: Roadmap from Text —150 points
- Lesson 4: Graphic on Strength/Non-Strengths — 100 points
- Lesson 5: Review of Career Sources — 200 points
- Lesson 6: Career Map — 200 points
- Total — 1,000 points