Uploading new versions of documents that have already been uploaded into CommonSpot is a quick and efficient way to keep clutter on the site to a minimum, and relieve the content contributor of tracking down each and every place that document is linked (e.g., what if some other site links to your document?) Here are the steps for uploading a revision:
- From the management interface for your site (http://author.oit.ohio.edu/sitename/manage), use the CommonSpot Entrance Tab to navigate to My CommonSpot.
- In the My CommonSpot menu, click Tools, then click Saved Searches.
- Locate and click 'Search for Document from Manage Interface'
- The result list will appear. Locate the document to be updated. Under the Actions heading, click the icon with a pencil over a blue and grey box, then click 'Upload New Version...'
- Click the 'Browse' button to locate to the new version of the document on your computer. Select the new version, then click 'Save' near the bottom of the window.
- Wait while the new version is uploaded to the CommonSpot server.
- Locate a link to the document to verify that the new version upload was successful.