Adding Tables from Excel Spreadsheets
New or Updated Table Copy/Paste
- Highlight all of the cells in your spreadsheet and press Command C (Mac) or Ctrl C (Windows) to copy them.
- In your Web CMS content editor, click where you want the cells to appear and press Command V (Mac) or Ctrl V (Windows) to paste all the cells from the spreadsheet.
- If Web CMS asks if you want to clean the document, choose OK.
- Highlight all of the cells in the table you just pasted and click the icon for Remove Formatting:
- Right click inside the table and choose Table Properties:
- Change the Headers dropdown to display First Row and click OK.
- Left-click inside the table and choose Sortable Table from the Styles drop-down menu in the rich text editor toolbar:
- Save your page as usual.
Responsive and Accessible Tables
Here is more information about creating W3C WCAG 2.0 AA compliant data tables:
"Data tables are used to organize data with a logical relationship in grids. Accessible tables need HTML markup that indicates header cells and data cells and defines their relationship. Assistive technologies use this information to provide context to users."