Web CMS Migration Dashboard
The three-year-long Web Content Management System (Web CMS) project will migrate approximately 200 university websites from CommonSpot to a modern Web CMS that offers improved usability, accessibility, and ease of maintenance. The new service also will make it easier to optimize web pages for search engines, making it more likely that OHIO pages will appear near the top of relevant Internet searches. Finally, the project will encourage digital marketing efforts and facilitate consistent branding across the institution.
Web CMS migration started in August of 2017. We will update this dashboard as we move sites on the prioritized migration list from CommonSpot to the new Web CMS. If you would like to receive monthly project updates, contact the IT Service Desk and ask to be added to the Web CMS News mailing list.
This page was last updated on July 19, 2019.
- Not Started: Client has not yet been contacted yet. OIT will setup a kickoff meeting when we are ready to begin planning for your migration.
- On Hold: Client was contacted, but is not yet ready to begin migration. Please contact OIT when you are ready to begin planning for your migration.
- Planning: OIT conducts initial meetings, performs a website audit to map your current website, and discusses design options, content strategy and timeline.
- Ready to Start: The initial meetings and planning are completed, and the website is ready to start design and development once resources are available.
- In Progress: The website migration is underway with page design and page development. Regular meetings happen during this phase to keep the project on track.
- Final Review: Once development on the new site is complete and all content has been moved over, you will review the site for any issues and OIT will perform internal QA and accessibility checks.
|Upcoming Website||Progress||Estimated Start Date*|
|Registrar||In Progress||December 2017|
|Regional Campuses||In Progress||November 2018|
|Lancaster||In Progress||November 2018|
|Eastern||In Progress||November 2018|
|Zanesville||In Progress||November 2018|
|Southern||In Progress||November 2018|
|Chillicothe||In Progress||November 2018|
|Arts & Sciences||In Progress||February 2019|
|Phi Beta Kappa||In Progress||February 2019|
|Performing Arts||In Progress||March 2019|
|Medicine||In Progress||May 2019|
|Voinovich School||In Progress||May 2019|
|Faculty Senate||In Progress||May 2019|
|Research||In Progress||June 2019|
|Engineering||In Progress||June 2019|
|Housing||In Progress||June 2019|
|Survivor||In Progress||July 2019|
|Alumni||Ready to Start|
|Recreation||Ready to Start|
|Institutional Research||Ready to Start|
|Design & Construction||Planning|
|Honors College||Planning||September 2019|
|Cutler Herrold||Planning||July 2019|
|Foundation Trustees||Not Started|
|Cutler Business Services||Not Started|
|Applied Ethics||On Hold|
|Global Health||On Hold|
|Planning Space||On Hold|
|Distinguished Professor||Not Started|
|Project Hindsight||Not Started|
|Social Media||Not Started|
|Standing Committees||Not Started|
* This is the anticipated date the website will move to "In Progress"