More Resources for Web Accessibility
Below is a sampling of useful third-party sites that talk about web accessibility.
- Web AIM "Our mission is to empower organizations to make their web content accessible to people with disabilities."
- W3C Web Design standards for accessibility.
Accessibility Evaluators and Development Tools
- AInspector Firefox browser plug-in.
- AXE browser plug-in for Firefox and Chrome.
- WAVE Accessibility Checker browser plug-in.
- Accessibility Developer Tools
- IT Accessibility Illinois
- Accessible Color Checker
- Color Safe
- WCAG 2.0 Checklist from WebAIM
- A11Y Project Web Accessibility Checklist
- Accessibility Visualization Toolkit bookmarklet.
- WAI-ARIA Document Landmark Roles
- How to caption videos on YouTube
- Web Accessibility Web Delay until 2018
- Nielsen Norman Group: Accessibility Articles
- AHEAD is a professional membership organization for individuals involved in the development of policy and in the provision of quality services to meet the needs of persons with disabilities involved in all areas of higher education.
- ATHEN is a network of higher education professionals committed to improving accessibility for students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- International Association of Accessibility Professionals