Custom Web Addresses
A short, user-friendly ohio.edu name for a server, online service or web page.
- Convenience: Makes it easier to direct visitors to your resource.
- Branding: Identifies an external or cloud service as an official university resource.
- Consistency: name.ohio.edu or ohio.edu/name identifies a university-wide resource, name.department.ohio.edu identifies a departmental resource.
- OHIO name for an externally hosted or cloud service.
- User friendly name for a service or site that normally would have a long, cryptic URL.
- Short URL for marketing materials, sometimes referred to as a "vanity URL."
- Academic and administrative departments only.
- OIT is responsible for provisioning, hosting and managing all .edu domain name assets of Ohio University and all associated sub domains.
- University Communications & Marketing is responsible for approving requests for top-level ohio.edu names.