Guide: Registering a URL
If you find yourself referring to an external page quite often, one thing you can do is Register the URL. This allows you to manage the URL, should it ever change, in one place which could save quite a bit of editing. This page is a guide on how to register a URL.
- Navigate to the subsite you would like to have the registered link in.
- Click on the pencil icon in the upper-right hand corner of the page.
- Select My CommonSpot from the drop down menu
- Select Registered URL... form the New menu
- Select the appropriate subsite from the Subsite Hierarchy list (the current subsite should be already selected) and click Next
- Fill in the appropriate information and click Next.
- The URL field should be the URL you want to link to.
- The Title field should be descriptive so someone will know where the link is going.
- The Description field, while optional, is recommended for providing additional information about the link.
- Choose a Category to ease searching for the link at a later time.
- Inputting comma separated Keywords will help in locating the Registered URL later.
- To link to the Registered URL, simply follow the direction in Building Links.