Prerecorded Streaming Video
OIT offers two platforms which allow users to select and watch video content whenever they choose, rather than at a scheduled broadcast time: YouTube for publicly available videos and Microsoft Stream for videos restricted to users with a valid OHIO login.
- YouTube: https://youtube.com - Sign in with your full OHIO email address and OHIO password. If prompted to choose between multiple account types, choose "Organizational G Suite Account."
- Stream: https://web.microsoftstream.com
- Sharing of videos for classes or administrative purposes
- Playback of recorded Microsoft Teams meetings
- Advertisement-free playback when using your OHIO account
- Sharing and embedding on webpages*
- Privacy settings to specify if the video should be publicly available or only viewable by selected users. Microsoft Stream videos are automatically restricted to users with an OHIO ID and can be further limited to certain users or groups of users.
- Creating video playlists
- Tracking of video views
- Basic editing of videos to change the start and end points of the video or remove a section in the middle of the video (YouTube only)
- Comment moderation, filtering and the ability to turn comments on or off
- Automatic and manual captioning of videos
- Multiple language support for titles, descriptions and captions
- Accessibility compliance
- Ability to apply copyrights to original content
- The YouTube service is available to faculty and staff. This service is not available to students or student organizations.
- Microsoft Stream is available to all OHIO users.
How to Request
- Contact the IT Service Desk to request an OHIO YouTube account.
- Microsoft Stream is enabled by default on all active OHIO user accounts.