Live Streaming Video
YouTube-based live streaming to broadcast live University events in real-time over the internet from a mobile phone or webcam using your OHIO ID.
- https://youtube.com - Sign in with your OHIO email address and OHIO password.
If you are prompted to choose an account type, choose the "Organizational G Suite Account."
- Scheduling of future streaming events or ability to stream on demand
- Recording of live events for future playback
- Embedding of live streams on webpages*
- Advertisement-free viewing when using your OHIO account
- Controls to pause or rewind the event and return to the live stream
- Broadcast delays of 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Options for closed captioning with 3rd-party software or auto-captioning when the language is set to English or Spanish.
- Metrics for viewership of the live stream
- Live chat during live streams when viewing through the YouTube interface
*Embedding of live video streams from YouTube onto a webpage requires creation of a Google AdSense account, but does not require displaying ads.
- This service is available to faculty and staff. This service is not available to students or student organizations.
How to Request
- Contact the IT Service Desk to request a YouTube account.