Live Streaming Video
OIT offers two platforms which allow users to broadcast live University events in real-time over the internet from a mobile phone or webcam: YouTube for publicly available videos and Microsoft Stream for videos restricted to users with a valid OHIO login.
- YouTube: https://youtube.com
- Use your OHIO email address and OHIO password. If prompted to choose an account type, choose "Organizational G Suite Account."
- Stream: https://web.microsoftstream.com
- Live streaming of campus events
- Scheduling of future streaming events or ability to stream on demand
- Recording of live events for future playback
- Embedding of live streams on webpages*
- Advertisement-free viewing when using your OHIO account
- Controls to pause or rewind the event and return to the live stream
- Broadcast delays of 30 seconds or 60 seconds (YouTube only)
- Options for closed captioning with 3rd-party software or auto-captioning when the language is set to English or Spanish.
- Metrics for viewership of the live stream
- Live chat during live streams when viewing through the YouTube interface (YouTube only)
*Embedding live video streams from YouTube onto a webpage requires creation of a Google AdSense account, but does not require displaying ads.
*Microsoft Stream videos can only be embedded on Web CMS pages by placing a service request with the IT Service Desk.
- YouTube live streaming is available to faculty and staff. This service is not available to students or student organizations.
- Microsoft Stream is available to all OHIO users.
How to Request
- Contact the IT Service Desk to request a YouTube account.
- Microsoft Stream is enabled by default on all active OHIO accounts.