CommonSpot: Creating a New Page
Step 1) Go to the Subsite Administration for the site where you want to create the page. Do this by following this example: author.oit.ohio.edu/subsite/admin.cfm (This tutorial will work in the /demo0/brad/ subsite.)
Step 2) Click the New menu button at the top of the Subsite Administration interface and choose the Page... button.
Step 3) Find and click the subsite where you want to create the page and click Next.
Step 4) Use the template gallery to pick a category where your template is saved and then click next Next.
Step 5) Find your template in the list, click on it to hightlight it, and then click Next.
Step 6) Fill in the Create New Page form.
Create New Page Form Details:
- Name - the value you enter here will become the page's file name, ending with a .cfm file name extension
- Title - The title of the page, used within CommonSpot. This value can apear in breadcrumbs, page indexes and other built-in CommonSpot elements.
- Title Bar Caption - The title to appear in the browser title bar. This value is also populates the <head> tag of the resulting HTML document. Normally, the Title and the Title Bar Caption should be the same.
- Description - Provide a brief summary of the page's content. The value here is populates the <meta> description tag in the resulting HTML document.
- Category - Choose a category that could be used for finding this page later from within CommonSpot.
Step 7) Click Next.
Step 8) If you see the custom properties prompt, accept the default settings and click Save.
If you followed the directions correctly, your browser will navigate to your newly created page.