Websites and Video: IT Services
- Web CMS - Centrally managed web hosting that allows site owners and content contributors to edit and publish official, University-branded web pages without needing to know how to write website code.
- CommonSpot CMS - Centrally managed, legacy web hosting that allows site owners and content contributors to edit and publish official, University-branded web pages without needing to know how to write website code. Note: A project currently is under way to replace CommonSpot with a new Web CMS.
- Google Analytics - Google Analytics provides detailed measurements of web page traffic and visitor behavior. All university web pages created in the Web CMS and CommonSpot come with Google Analytics tracking code built into their templates.
- Custom Web Addresses - A short, user-friendly ohio.edu name for a server, online service or web page.
- Personal Web Page Hosting - Allows employees to create a personal website with an ohio.edu domain for the purposes of sharing professional work, research, course materials, publications or related materials pertaining to the activities of Ohio University.
- My OHIO Portal - Personalized, customizable web gateway to many OHIO online services.
- YouTube - G Suite YouTube-based video hosting service.
- Flash Media - Locally hosted, flash-based video service with the ability to restrict access to individual videos.
- Streaming - G Suite YouTube-based live streaming.
- Video Conferencing - Web-based video conferencing tool for rich interaction with multiple participants, and gives easy access to participants with student or guest accounts. Content creation can be done by those with host accounts.