OIT offers two platforms that allow users to upload prerecorded video content for others to stream.
- Microsoft Stream for videos restricted to users with a valid OHIO login.
- YouTube for publicly available videos
These platforms provide hosting and playback interfaces for video content produced by University users.
How to Access
- Microsoft Stream: https://web.microsoftstream.com. Sign in with your full OHIO email address and OHIO password.
- YouTube: https://youtube.com - Sign in with your full OHIO email address and OHIO password. If prompted to choose between multiple account types, choose "Organizational G Suite Account."
|Streaming from Microsoft Teams||Stream is the technology used to power video in Microsoft Teams and is used for the playback of recorded Teams meetings and Live Events||Not available.|
|Advertisement-Free Viewing||Yes||Yes, when using your OHIO account.|
|Direct Video Access via Link||Yes||Yes|
|Embed in a Webpage||Code snippet provided; must be embedded by OIT via service request at this time.||Code snippet provided; can be used in Web CMS.|
|Privacy Settings||Automatically restricted to users with an OHIO ID. Can be further restricted to groups and specific users.||Public by default, but can be restricted in two ways:
• Private: Only available tospecific people by email address
• Unpublished: Users must have the link to view.
|Tracking of Views||Yes||Yes|
|Basic Video Editing||Not available.||Change the start and end points of a video or remove a section in the middle of the video.|
|Comment Moderation||Moderation, filtering and ability to turn comments on or off.||Moderation, filtering and ability to turn comments on or off.|
|Video Captions||Automatic and manual captioning of videos.||Manual captioning of videos via third-party software.|
|Multiple Language Support||Support for titles, descriptions, and captions.||Support for titles, descriptions, and captions.|
|Accessibility Compliance||Playback interface meets accessibility requirements.||Playback interface meets accessibility requirements.|
|Ability to Add Copyrights||Original content can have a copyright applied with proof.||Original content can have a copyright applied with proof.|
Microsoft Stream is available to all users with an active OHIO ID and is enabled by default. Only faculty and staff can upload videos to Stream.
YouTube is available to faculty and staff. It is not available to students or student organizations. Contact the IT Service Desk to request a YouTube account for your OHIO ID.