Proctored exams for online courses that require in-person supervision of students while taking their exams. All services available at our Athens campus location with options for proctoring at regional campus and non-University testing centers.
How to Request
Contact the OHIO Testing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:or
- Exam date availability
- Time allowance for students to complete the exam
- What materials, if any, students are permitted to use (e.g. calculator, notes, scrap paper, textbook, etc.)
- Any other testing guidelines
- Paper based exams: Email the exam to us as an attachment
- Computer based exams: Include the password for each exam with your request.
- On Campus Proctoring
- Off Campus Proctoring
- Standardized Tests
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to schedule each exam. To schedule an exam in the Athens Testing Center, use our calendar. Please reserve your test dates and times on the calendar system at least 24 hours prior to the test time. Be aware that you will be monitored by video surveillance and computer software while testing.
- Make sure your test is scheduled at the Testing Center. For other testing locations, please click here.
- Go to the OHIO Testing Center at 42 West Union Street (Bromley Hall Lower Level) with a photo ID to take the exam as scheduled. All testing materials needed will be provided by the Testing Center.
- Secure lockers are provided for all personal items, including cell phones and smart watches.
- eBooks are not permitted in the testing center.
- Only calculators approved for ACT testing will be permitted in the Testing Center.
Non approved calculators include:
- TI Nspire CAS w/ touchpad
- TI Nspire CX CAS
- TI Nspire CX II CAS
- TI Nspire CX II
Bromley Hall ground floor
42 West Union St.
Athens OH 45701
Enter through the doors facing West Union St.
Please click here for additional testing locations.
Testing Services observes all University holidays. Regular hours are subject to change. Additional hours may be offered during midterms and finals.
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am - 5 pm & 6 pm*
- Wednesday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am*
* Tuesday at 6 pm and Saturday at 9 am testing by appointment only.
The following regional campuses offer proctored exams. Appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Ohio University, Chillicothe
101 University Dr, Chillicothe
Bennett Hall, Room 274
Contact Person: Mary Basham
Fee: Free for OHIO Students; $20 fee otherwise
Fall/Spring: Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Summer Term/Breaks/No Classes: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed: Saturday-Sunday and University Holidays.
Ohio University Southern
1804 Liberty Ave, Ironton
Contact Info: Resource Commons
Ohio University, Lancaster
1570 Granville Pike, Lancaster
Brasee Hall Room 443
Contact Person: Cinda Friend
Contact Info: or email@example.com
Ohio University, Eastern Campus
45425 National Rd, St. Clairsville
Contact Person: Brad Cecil
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio University, Zanesville Campus
Learning Advancement Center, 1425 Newark Rd, Zanesville
Ohio University, Pickerington Campus
12933 Stonecreek Dr., Pickerington
Monday and Wednesday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Closed Friday and Saturday
By appointment only, no walk-in
To give an exam
- OHIO instructors
To take an exam
- OHIO students enrolled in a course that requires proctored exams
- General public for standardized educational tests