Student: SafeAssign Submissions
SafeAssign is a Blackboard tool designed to prevent plagiarism. Submitting an assignment to SafeAssign is a slightly different process than submitting a regular Blackboard assignment. Following the guidelines below will help ensure that it works seamlessly. The critical aspects of successfully submitting a SafeAssignment are to use the correct file format, use a compatible web browser, and ensure the file name does not contain any special characters.
Submitting a SafeAssignment:
1. Use a compatible Web Browser. The default web browser on a Windows or Apple computer (Internet Explorer & Safari respectively) WILL NOT WORK. The process will hang and never finish submitting.
a. The solution to this is to download the latest release version of Mozilla Firefox web browser for your operating system. Google Chrome has also been known to work and would be the best second choice. The installer for these browsers can be found listed below. Once you have the
browser installed, move on to the next step.
2. Launch the Mozilla Firefox application and log into Blackboard at https://blackboard.ohio.edu
3. Open the desired course and navigate to the appropriate SafeAssignment, then click the
4. On the upload page, choose Browse and navigate to the location on your computer were your document is saved. Select the desired document and click Open. You may choose whether to check the box to add the file to the Global Reference Database; this option will not affect the SafeAssignment submission.
NOTE: SafeAssign only accepts file formats .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, .rtf, .pdf, and html.
NOTE: SafeAssign only accepts files with no special characters in the document name.
5. Finally, click the Submit button.
a. After clicking the Submit button, a security warning may appear.
b. Click Continue and the file will begin processing.
6. A green banner with a success message will appear when the paper is successfully submitted.